The Uganda Church Association was set up to help its members to keep in touch with God’s Church in Uganda and to support its work.
The Association exists to:
- Advance the work of the Church of Uganda by encouraging awareness, informed prayer, interest and financial support
- Encourage links with and between Ugandan Christians in Britain
- Have an informed concern for the wider Christian scene in Uganda and the well-being of people in every part of Uganda
- Be a critical friend and genuine partner to the Church in Uganda
- Foster strategic relationships and project support in Uganda
The Association’s main activities are:
- Holding an Annual Reunion and Annual General Meeting (normally just after Easter) with invited speakers bringing recent news from Uganda and the opportunity for informal discussion.
- Publishing an annual Newsletter with up-to-date news from across the Christian spectrum in Uganda, including the NGOs.
- Through the annual Newsletter – Informing people of the life and work of the Church of Uganda, and stimulating prayer support.
- Providing some financial support, particularly for some of the programmes of the Church of Uganda & theological training.
The AGM elects Officers and Committee members, who meet two or three times a year, to take responsibility for the Association‘s activities.
President: The Archbishop of the Church of Uganda
Chair: Revd Amos Kasibante
Secretary & Newsletter Editor: Rev Dr Michael Hunter
Treasurer & Membership Secretary: Charles Woodd
Click here to access our Annual Report